(English Version is available after the Chinese version)
本會致力提升《前線 · 焦點》新聞攝影比賽水平，希望可以改善並達到公平公開原則，因此，今屆執委會通過邀請五位對新聞攝影有經驗和觀點的人士組成「比賽獨立籌委會」，為比賽訂立一套更明確的系統和評審方式。
2016 – 2017年度「比賽獨立籌委會」成員為:
- 楊德銘 – 資深攝影記者
- 郭慶輝 – 資深攝影記者
- 林振東 – 資深攝影記者
- 潘達培 – 香港中文大學新聞與傳播學院專業應用副教授
- 謝明莊 – 香港知專設計學院基礎設計學系首席講師
HKPPA constantly hopes to increase the level and quality of the annual “Focus at Frontline" photo competition with openness and fairness in mind. This year, we have imposed an “independent organising committee" comprised of five experienced members of the photojournalism community to help develop a set of system and rules.
The members of this year’s independent organising committee includes:
- Paul Yeung Tak Ming – Senior Photojournalist
- Kwok Hing Fai Nick – Senior Photojournalist
- Lam Chun Tung – Senior Photojournalist
- Eric Poon – Associate Professor of Practice, School of Journalism and Communication, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Tse Ming Chong – Hong Kong Design Institute (HKDI) Design Foundation Studies Principal Lecturer
The independent organising committee’s terms of reference as follows:
- Elect seven jury members for the competition.
- Recommend judging method to the executive committee for approval.
- The independent committee or its independent appointee may review photographs submitted for the competition for manipulation review to ensure compliance with its code of ethics in photojournalism. If suspicions of picture manipulation were found, will then approach the contestant for the submitted picture in its RAW/original format as recorded by camera for verification, and provide related findings to the jury to determine whether the content of any picture (either a single picture or frame in a story) has been altered, and may disqualified the entry.
- Have no power in removing and/or filtering any pictures from the competition.
- Reserves final decision in all matters related to the competition.
- May revert to the executive committee for more power if necessary and the executive committee will discuss and decide whether such power is given.
After many rounds of discussions, they have developed the rules and regulations for the competition, as well as the list of the judging panel.
Jury coordinator(s), member of the independent organising committee, will assist the jury during the judging process.